Rdio Teams Up With The Grammys For Customized Stations, Playlists
January 28, 2015 at 12:45 PM (PT)
Music streaming service RDIO is teaming up with the GRAMMYS to roll out a series of stations and playlists that will provide listeners with the perfect soundtrack in anticipation of the 57th ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS on FEBRUARY 8th. This year RDIO and the GRAMMYS have also created custom playlists to showcase nominees in major categories along with some of this year’s iconic honorees.
Curated RDIO stations range from 2015’s hottest nominees to the best moments throughout GRAMMY AWARDS history. Specific RDIO GRAMMY-related radio stations include:
• 2015 GRAMMY NOMINEES: A genre-crossing, all-inclusive radio station featuring all of this year’s GRAMMY nominees to prepare you for music's biggest night.
• '90s GRAMMY FLASHBACK: RDIO curators have prepared a nostalgic radio station that will take you back to relive the GRAMMY excitement of the '90s, including MADONNA, BABYFACE and even GRAMMY host LL COOL J
• GRAMMY AWARDS RECORD OF THE YEAR: This radio station pays tribute to each year’s GRAMMY winner for Record of the Year, including all of the 2015 nominees.
• 57th GRAMMY AWARDS BLASTS FROM THE PAST: RDIO’s music experts have curated a historical retrospective of the GRAMMYS through the years, with 57 hand-selected favorites going all the way back to the first annual GRAMMY award ceremony in 1959.
• GRAMMY AWARDS BIGGEST HITS: This radio station features only the biggest hits from GRAMMY history over the past 57 years.
Immediately following "Music's Biggest Night," RDIO listeners can revisit all the award-winning music from 2014, as RDIO's curators will launch a new radio station dedicated exclusively to the 2015 winners. RDIO provides access to all GRAMMY-related stations for free with no trial or subscription necessary.
“We’re honored to have this opportunity to give fans such a deep connection to the music of the GRAMMYS as they get ready for the world’s biggest night in music,” said RDIO Head of Artist and Label Relations JOE ARMENIA. “Coupled with playlists created by the GRAMMYS, we’re thrilled to deliver a variety of stations and playlists to round out this comprehensive experience.”
"The GRAMMYS have also created a series of new playlists around the 57th GRAMMY AWARDS for RDIO listeners. In addition to an overall nominees playlist, listeners can enjoy different genre-specific nominee playlists including alternative, dance/electronic, rap, pop, rock, R&B and country, as well as a playlist featuring soundtrack nominees such as "Frozen" and "Guardians of the Galaxy."
The GRAMMYS profile on RDIO will also feature a 2015 HALL OF FAME playlist with iconic songs from some of this year’s honorees, including NEIL YOUNG and HANK WILLIAMS, and a playlist with the best of NILE RODGERS, who will be honored at this year’s PRODUCERS & ENGINEERS WING event.