Facebook Q4 Revenue Up 49%
January 28, 2015 at 5:24 PM (PT)
Like APPLE the day before, FACEBOOK beat WALL STRFEET analyst expectations by reporting Q4 revenue increasing 49% to $3.85 billion. Net income was $701 million, or 25 cents a share. After excluding certain expenses, the company’s profit was 54 cents a share. Monthly active users increased 3.2% over the previous quarter; it has 1.39 billion monthly users.
"We’re very pleased with the growth of our business,” FACEBOOK CEO MARK ZUCKERBERG said. "We got a lot done in 2014. Our community continues to grow and we're making progress towards connecting the world."
Key to the growth was the rise on mobile ad revenue, as 69% of its advertising revenue came from mobile devices. Also booming was video, with users viewing 3 billion videos per day.
FACEBOOK also reported full-year results:
* Revenue for the full year 2014 was $12.47 billion, an increase of 58% year-over-year.
* Income from operations for the full year 2014 was $4.99 billion.
* Net income for the full year 2014 was $2.94 billion.
* Daily active users (DAUs) were 890 million on average for DECEMBER, 2014, an increase of 18% year-over-year.
* Mobile DAUs were 745 million on average for DECEMBER, 2014, an increase of 34% year-over-year.
* Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.39 billion as of DECEMBER 31st, 2014, an increase of 13% year-over-year.
* Mobile MAUs were 1.19 billion as of DECEMBER 31st, 2014, an increase of 26% year-over-year.