Suge Knight Hospitalized After Pleading Innocent To Murder Charges
February 3, 2015 at 12:36 PM (PT)
Former rap music mogul SUGE KNIGHT pleaded not guilty today to murder and attempted murder charges before complaining of chest pain and being rushed to a hospital, according to ABCNEWS.COM. KNIGHT's attorney DAVID KENNER, who could offer no fiurther details, was on the way to the hospital to see his client.
Sporting orange prison overalls, KNIGHT, 49, entered a not guilty plea to four felonies, including murddr and hit-and-run charges, filed after the DEATH ROW RECORDS founder struck two men, TERRY CARTER and CLE "BONE" SLOAN, with his pickup truck last week. His bail was revoked earlier this week.
KNIGHT is accused of intentionally running down two men, including a friend, in COMPTON on THURSDAY (NET NEWS, 2/2). He claims to have hit the men by accident as he fled a vicious attack. KENNER insists his client is remorseful about CARTER's death, but is not guilty of the crimes.
MICHAEL R. SHAPIRO, an attorney who represents SLOAN, said his client has a mangled left foot and some neurological damage and is recovering under heavy security.
Authorities believe KNIGHT visited the set for "Straight Outta Compton" and argued with SLOAN, who was working at the location. Sheriff's deputies providing security asked KNIGHT to leave. A short time later, the argument resumed in a parking lot a few miles away where KNIGHT and SLOAN exchanged punches through a window of the pickup before the two men were run down.
Former KNIGHT attorney JAMES BLATT has said that SUGE was attacked by four people, including SLOAN, as he pulled into the lot after CARTER requested he show up for a meeting. BLATT said KNIGHT hit the gas as he fled in fear.
KNIGHT will be back in court on FEBRUARY 9th when a judge will consider whether to set new bail after it was revoked.