L.A.â€™s Global Rock Event Confirms More â€˜Loudâ€™ Leaders
February 17, 2015 at 4:10 AM (PT)
The organizers of the GLOBAL ROCK SUMMIT say, "despite what the legendary KISS member GENE SIMMONS says, rock music is not dead -- and the community around it continues to innovate and grow with a mentality that is purely 'Rock’n’Roll.' With iconic rock music companies such as SPINEFARM RECORDS, COOKING VINYL and ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC GROUP showing signs of growth while continuing to support emerging rock artists as well as legendary rock bands such as THE ROLLING STONES and recent GRAMMY AWARD show openers AC/DC continuing to tour, inspire and share the genre with fans of all ages, rock music shows no signs of slowing down."
As the world of rock continues its promising upward trajectory it’s even more critical that those vested in the expansion of the genre come together to support its continued growth -- a community that attendees of THE GLOBAL ROCK SUMMIT 2015 will be a part of in LOS ANGELES from APRIL 24th–25th.
The event has confirmed some of the most experienced, forward-thinking and successful minds from the international rock community who will hold court at the HOLLYWOOD ROOSEVELT HOTEL to share their take on the rock genre past, present and future. Among those confirmed to speak on various global rock perspectives are:
- ANDY FARROW – Managing Dir., NORTHERN MUSIC CO. (UK)
- ANDY GOULD – Founder, SPECTACLE GROUP (worldwide manager for ROB ZOMBIE)
- BENJAMIN WEEDEN – COO, HOUSE OF BLUES ENTERTAINMENT/LIVE NATION
- CAREL HOFFMAN – Founder, HILLTOP LIVE (one of S. AFRICA’s largest festival organizers and Founder of Oppi Koppi)
- CHRIS FOITLE – Head of A&R, FEARLESS RECORDS
- DAN GILL – GM, VAGRANT RECORDS
- GARY SPIVACK – Co-Pres., ROCK HOUSE PRESENTS (one of N. AMERICA’s largest rock festival organizers)
- FOLKERT KOOPMANS - Managing Dir., FKP SCORPIO KONZERTPRODUKTIONEN GMBH (GERMANY)
- FRANK HELMINK – Dir., BUMA ROCKS (HOLLAND)
- JASON C. MILLER – SVP/Talent ASIA, LIVE NATION
- JENS LUNDBERG – Managing Dir., BLUE LEMON MANAGEMENT (SWEDEN)
- JERRY GREENBERG (the legendary rock industry and ATLANTIC RECORDS label veteran who worked closely with iconic rock acts AC/DC, LED ZEPPELIN, THE ROLLING STONES, FOREIGNER, WHITESNAKE, GENESIS, MOTÖRHEAD and more)
- JONAS NACHSIN – GM, Worldwide, SPINEFARM RECORDS
- JORDAN BERLIANT – Partner, REVELATION MANAGEMENT GROUP
- JUREK OWSIAK – Founder, WOSP (Polish Woodstock Festival – the world’s largest rock festival)
- LARRY JACOBSON – Founder/CEO, WORLD AUDIENCE (worldwide manager for AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
- MATT ASH – Dir., RAW POWER MANAGEMENT
- MICHAEL CHUGG – Founder/CEO, CHUGG ENTERTAINMENT
- MIKE FALEY – Pres., METAL BLADE RECORDS
- MIKE FITZPATRICK - Content Dir., 3MMM & Head of TRIPLE M NETWORK (AUSTRALIA)
- RIKU PÄÄKKÖNEN - Founder/Owner, RANKA KUSTANNUS OY (FINLAND)
- ROB MCDERMOTT - Owner, TO11 MEDIA/METAL EDGE
- VIJAY NAIR – Founder, ONLY MUCH LOUDER (one of INDIA’s largest festival organizers)
As well as many others to be unveiled in the coming weeks.
As the global music industry continues trending to a resurgence of guitar music driven by a new crop of true musician-fronted bands, THE GLOBAL ROCK SUMMIT encourages individuals, artists and companies working within the rock sector to join their peers in sharing their insight and providing creative and commercial solutions to ensure the continued growth of the world of rock.