INgrooves Adds To Its Roster
February 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM (PT)
INGROOVES MUSIC GROUP's RIGHTS SERVICES division has rolled out a number of new partnerships across their music publishing, neighboring rights and licensing groups, it was announced by SVP of Rights Services OLIVIER CHASTAN.
• CHUCK INGLISH (COOL KIDS), set to release a collaborative album with BLENDED BABIES in MARCH entitled “Ev Zepplin," to be distributed via a joint venture between RBC and INGROOVES.
• Songwriter and recording artist ELVIS PERKINS, to release “I Aubade” via MIR/INGROOVES’ INRESIDENCE label services on FEBRUARY 24th
• BRAZILIAN legend BEBEL GILBERTO released her latest album “Tudo” last year, and is now working on a new EP with DUST BROTHERS’ JOHN KING.
• HELEN MARNIE of LADYTRON.
• Drum & Bass superstars NOISIA and BLACK SUN EMPIRE.
• JO MERSA, grandson of BOB MARLEY. MERSA has recently been profiled in ROLLING STONE as one of today’s rising stars in reggae. JO’s father, STEPHEN MARLEY (also an INGROOVES MUSIC PUBLISHING writer), is preparing to release his latest album, "Revelation Part II: The Fruit of Life” this SPRING.
• AMAB, publisher of AJR, who recently had a hit with “I’m Ready," and are releasing their debut album “Living Room” on MARCH 3rd. AJR’s RYAN MET also co-wrote the ANDY GRAMMER hit “Back Home."
• Music agency MUSIC DEALERS has extended their publishing deal with INGROOVES.
INGROOVS client AARON PEARCE, who recently produced JILL SCOTT’s upcoming album (slated for release on ATLANTIC RECORDS this SPRING), has written a number of new singles to be performed by RICKY MARTIN & PITBULL, CRAIG WAYNE BOYD, WYCLEF JEAN and BOYZ II MEN, among others.
“I am excited to be working with the awesome and creative team at INGROOVES on what is looking to be an amazing 2015!” said PEARCE. “They have a passion for great songs and the writers who create them. It actually feels like a publishing venture should… a partnership.”
In addition to Music Publishing, INGROOVES have announced new partnerships with MAD DECENT RECORDS, NACIONAL RECORDS, METROPOLIS RECORDS and the iconic ISLEY BROTHERS catalog.
INGROOVES has also picked up the synch licensing rights for the JOHN COLTRANE and ALICE COLTRANE catalogs.
“These amazing artists and songwriters are entrusting us with their talent and creations,” said CHASTAN. “We are extremely pleased that our model, combining efficient global administration with a boutique feel and focus on creative, is meeting the business needs of our partners while giving them the dedicated attention they deserve.”