Coldplay Launches Website Timeline
May 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM (PT)
COLDPLAY today launched a comprehensive new online history of the band, THE COLDPLAY TIMELINE charting the period from their first rehearsal in 1998 right up to the present.
The site allows fans on computers, mobiles and tablets to explore the band's story through hundreds of exclusive videos, audio clips, photos, blogs, articles, interviews and handwritten notes.
Brand new content includes:
- New note from the band, written in the studio yesterday (and confirming the next album's title)
- Behind-the-scenes footage from the iconic Yellow video shoot
- Unseen video of the band's rehearsal for Live 8 with RICHARD ASHCROFT
- Never-before-seen photos from the band's 1999 MANCHESTER Roadhouse show
- New photos and memories from the 2014 "A Sky Full Of Stars" video shoot in AUSTRALIA
The site also includes the first official COLDPLAY gigography, featuring every show that the band have played (more than 900 of them). Fans are able to upload their own photos from any dates which they attended.
The Coldplay Timeline is available to view now at www.coldplay.com
The launch of the Timeline comes a week after COLDPLAY were awarded four prestigious WEBBY AWARDS for their online output. The band were recognized for their interactive animated video for "Ink" and their "Ghost Stories" lyrics treasure hunt, where handwritten lyrics were hidden in libraries around the world.
COLDPLAY are currently working on their seventh album, "A Head Full Of Dreams," the follow-up to the successful "Ghost Stories."