Janet Jackson Kicks Off 'Unbreakable World Tour' On August 31st
June 15, 2015 at 9:16 AM (PT)
JANET JACKSON is hitting the road for the first time in four years, in support of her forthcoming new album (NET NEWS 6/3) for RHYTHM NATION/BMG debut this FALL.
The first 36-date leg of her UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR kicks off AUGUST 31st VANCOUVER, BC and continues in NORTH AMERICA through NOVEMBER 12th in HONOLULU. More worldwide concerts will be announced at a later date.
Tickets go on sale JUNE 22ND at JANETJACKSON.com, with an AMERICAN EXPRESS pre-sale now through FRIDAY, JUNE 19TH at 10p (EST).
AMERICAN EXPRESS ENTERTAINMENT VP WALTER FRY said, “AMERICAN EXPRESS is thrilled to partner with an iconic artist like JANET JACKSON on the UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR and bring our Card Members an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general on-sale date. JANET to our industry-leading ticketing partnerships is rooted in our mission to serve our card members’ deep passion for music.”
In addition to LIVE NATION and RHYTHM NATION, other concert promoters will include NEDERLANDER CONCERTS, JAM PRODUCTIONS, ANOTHER PLANET ENTERTAINMENT, and such promoters as BAMP and TOMMY MEHAREY who will produce the HONOLULU dates.
Here are some of the first scheduled concert dates. For the full tour list, JANETJACKSON.com.
- AUG 31st PEPSI LIVE AT ROGERS ARENA, VANCOUVER, BC
- SEPT 2nd SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME, CALGARY, AB
- SEPT 4th REXALL PLACE EDMONTON, AB
- SEPT 5th REVOLUTION PLACE GRANDE PRAIRIE, AB
- SEPT 7th SASKTEL CENTRE SASKATOON, SK
- SEPT 8th MTS CENTRE WINNIPEG, MB
- SEPT 11th VAN ANDEL ARENA GRAND RAPIDS, MI
- SEPT 12th PNC PAVILION AT RIVERBEND MUSIC CENTER CINCINNATI