Study Focuses On Radio And Social Media
August 4, 2015 at 4:13 AM (PT)
WISE BROTHER MEDIA has released a social media study, focused on the radio industry, which they conducted as a service for members of STUDIO THINK TANK. In this study, WISE BROTHER MEDIA built statistical models to analyze the fan reach and engagement of over 13,000 FACEBOOK posts published on 40 radio station and morning show pages over a three-month period.
The study was able to uncover patterns of fan interaction on radio pages. Study findings include:
- What grows page likes (and what doesn't)
- The optimal number of posts to publish on a page each day
- How to maximize the number of FACEBOOK fans who see a given post
- How post reach and engagement varies by page size, daypart, day of week, and post type
- What the value of "viral" posts is for a page's growth and engagement
- How Station And Morning Show Pages Compare On Performance
"The results were fascinating, and in many ways unexpected," said WISE BROTHER MEDIA VP/Marketing NATASHA CRAIN, who led the research. "There's a lot of conventional wisdom tossed around about what works and doesn't work on a FACEBOOK page. Much of what we found flies in the face of that, however. We've received amazing feedback on the study from clients who now realize they need to completely revamp their social media strategy to be effective."
Through AUGUST 31st, WISE BROTHER MEDIA is offering the complete report for free to stations that sign up for a STUDIO THINK TANK trial membership. STUDIO THINK TANK is a social network built specifically for radio professionals. A free trial of STUDIO THINK TANK can be requested at www.StudioThinkTank.com.