BBR Music Group Launches Wheelhouse Records, Reveals Promo Team
August 31, 2015 at 6:57 AM (PT)
Top: Adkins, Smith. Middle: Bonadies, Shaffer, Pellegrino, Trosdahl. Bottom: Snickers, Nehrbas, Ronayne
BBR MUSIC GROUP has rolled out a fourth imprint to the company with the launch of WHEELHOUSE RECORDS, which debuts with a roster consisting of veteran artist TRACE ADKINS and recently signed GRANGER SMITH (NET NEWS 8/12). ADKINS will bring new music in the fall; SMITH is now introducing radio to his debut single, “Backroad Song.”
Former STREAMSOUND VP/National Radio Promotion & Strategic Marketing TEDDI BONADIES has been tapped as WHEELHOUSE VP/Promotion and already has her staff in place.
- JENNIFER SHAFFER reunites with BONADIES as Dir./ MIDWEST and SOUTHWEST Promotion. SHAFFER was most recently STREAMSOUND Dir./National Promotion. (904) 386-5050 or here.
- BRITTANY PELLEGRINO joins as Dir./NORTHEAST Promotion. She has been ALL ACCESS NASHVILLE Assistant Editor since 2013 (NET NEWS 8/19/13). (248) 420-1125 or here.
- KIMMIE TROSDAHL segues to Dir./SOUTHEAST Promotion for WHEELHOUSE after handling BROKEN BOW and STONEY CREEK Coord./Promotion duties since OCTOBER of last year (NET NEWS 10/14/14). (615) 598-0175 or here.
- BILL SNICKERS takes on Dir./WEST COAST Promotion after serving as RED BOW Coord./Promotion. (206) 261-0588 or here.
- NICOLE NEHRBAS has been named Coordinator/Promotion for RED BOW & WHEELHOUSE RECORDS. She most recently had similar duties at STREAMSOUND. (480) 329-0718 or here.
“Commenting on the launch of WHEELHOUSE, BBR MUSIC GROUP Owner/CEO BENNY BROWN said, “When the BBR MUSIC GROUP makes a commitment to an artist, we intend to do our very best to help them live out their dreams. In order for us to do that, we have to add the support it’s going to take to gain the most airplay for each single. We’ve found that if we have more than four or five artists on one label, then someone isn’t going to get the fair shot they need. That’s why we started STONEY CREEK in 2009, then RED BOW in 2012, and now WHEELHOUSE RECORDS. We want to do everything we possibly can for each artist -- because we don’t give up easy.”
Added BBR MUSIC GROUP EVP JON LOBA, “BENNY BROWN and I have always shared a vision of providing the artists on our roster with the individualized attention and strategic support they each deserve. Recently, we’ve been fortunate to work with some extraordinary new talent. The formation of WHEELHOUSE RECORDS -- and its additional promotion staff -- became a necessity so that we may uphold the vision that has made the BBR MUSIC GROUP both a haven for artist development and for the continued growth of superstar acts.”
Concurrent with the launch of WHEELHOUSE, CARLY RONAYNE joins as Coordinator/Promotion at STONEY CREEK and BROKEN BOW RECORDS, succeeding TROSDAHL. RONAYNE most recently served as a Social Media Assistant for PREMIERE’s live talk radio show “DAWSON MCALLISTER LIVE." (734) 308-7026 or here.