The '9th Annual ACM Honors' Celebrate Industry, Showcase Artists
September 2, 2015 at 7:10 AM (PT)
The "9TH ANNUAL ACM HONORS" were held at the RYMAN AUDITORIUM in NASHVILLE last NIGHT (9/1) to recognize each of the previously announced (NET NEWS 4/7) winners of non-televised awards in the INDUSTRY and STUDIO RECORDING categories, as well as SPECIAL AWARDS honorees, from the "50TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS." Hosted by JAKE OWEN and with celebrity presenters that included THE SWON BROTHERS, KELSEA BALLERINI, RAC CLARK, and LUKE BRYAN, the evening was a spotlight for those who work behind the scenes to keep the format thriving.
Special artist performances during the event included:
- JASON ALDEAN performing a medley of "Love In The First Degree," "TENNESSEE River," and "The Closer You Get" in tribute to CAREER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD winners ALABAMA
- ROY CLARK performing "Yesterday When I Was Young" in tribute to MAE BOREN AXTON AWARD winner BARRY ADELMAN
- RANDY HOUSER performing "Roller Coaster" in tribute to GENE WEED SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD winner LUKE BRYAN
- CHRIS ISAAK performing "Bye Bye Love" in tribute to POET'S AWARD winners FELICE and BOUDLEAUX BRYANT
- MIRANDA LAMBERT performing "Rated X" in tribute to CRYSTAL MILESTONE AWARD winner LORETTA LYNN
- KACEY MUSGRAVES performing "Good Ole Boys Club" in tribute to SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR winner LUKE LAIRD
- JOSH TURNER performing "Good Ole Boys Like Me" in tribute to POET'S AWARD winner BOB MCDILL
- HOLLY WILLIAMS performing "Like JESUS Does" in tribute to JIM REEVES INTERNATIONAL AWARD winner ERIC CHURCH
- RESTLESS HEART performing "The Bluest Eyes In TEXAS" in tribute to MAE BOREN AXTON AWARD winner TIM DUBOIS
An unannounced honor was also awarded to ACM CEO BOB ROMEO with a recognition from the ACM Board of Directors and staff in appreciation for his vision and work toward the creation of the GUINNESS WORLD RECORD-setting most-attended awards show in history at AT&T STADIUM for the "50TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS." LUKE BRYAN presented the award to ROMEO. For more information about the ACM, its work, and the awards, visit the ACM website.