Atlanta Passes Philadelphia In Nielsen's 2015 Fall Market Rankings
September 11, 2015 at 3:59 AM (PT)
NIELSEN has released its updated FALL 2015 market rankings. They write, "these population estimates are based upon Census 2010 counts updated and projected to JANUARY 1, 2016, by NIELSEN Demographics. Additional markets may be added and the survey frequency of some markets may be changed during the year. All information contained herein reflects FALL 2015 NIELSEN Audio market definitions."
- ATLANTA moves ahead of PHILADELPHIA, with an estimated metro 12+ population of 4,646,600, versus PHILADELPHIA’s 4,572,200
- LAS VEGAS moves from #38 to #31, with an estimated population of 1,785,800
- INDIANAPOLIS moves up to #38
- RALEIGH-DURHAM jumps up from #42 to #40.
- MILWAUKEE moves down to #41
- MIDDLESEX-SOMERSET-UNION, NJ is now #42
- PROVIDENCE moves up one to #43
- NASHVILLE is up one to #44
- OKLAHOMA CITY drops two, from #48 to #50
- WEST PALM rises one to #48
- JACKSONVILLE is up one to #49
- CHATTANOOGA gains from #110 to #88, with a 586,500 12+ population
See the full list here.