NABOB & The Power Of Urban Radio Forum Starts Today
October 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM (PT)
THE NABOB FOUNDATION kicks off the 39th Annual FALL BROADCAST MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE in cooperation with the 15th POWER OF URBAN RADIO FORUM. The two-day event will be held TODAY and TOMOROW OCTOBER 8th at The WASHINGTON MARRIOTT GEORGETOWN HOTEL, 1221 22nd Street, N. W.
NABOB is the only trade association representing the interests of 200 Black-owned commercial radio stations and four commercial television stations around the country.
NABOB Pres. JAMES L. WINSTON told ALL ACCESS, “We are very excited about our 39th Annual FALL BROADCAST MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE and 15th ANNUAL POWER OF URBAN RADIO FORUM. We will have Congresswoman MAXINE WATERS as our Guest Speaker at our Opening Reception on WEDNESDAY night. On THURSDAY, we will have former U.S. Attorney General ERIC HOLDER as our Special Guest Luncheon Speaker. We will have EDNA KANE WILLIAMS, SVP/Multicultural Marketing of AARP as our Keynote Speaker for the POWER OF URBAN RADIO FORUM. And throughout the Conference we will have panels covering key issues for broadcasters, including programming, digital sales, FCC regulation, station acquisition financing, NIELSEN audience measurements, and advertising. We believe all owners and prospective owners in the broadcast industry will benefit greatly from attending the Conference.”
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7th
• 1-2p: Programing in 2015 – Audio and Video, How Does it All Interact Today?
• 2-3p: Can Traditional ‘Broadcast’ Sellers...Sell ‘DIGITAL’ Successfully?
• 3-4p: Financing Media Acquisitions
• 4-5p: WASHINGTON Update: What Broadcasters Need to Know
• 5-7p: Opening Reception
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8th
• 8-9a: Breakfast
• 9-10a: Dialogue with the Commissioners
• 10-11a: NIELSEN: Measuring the Power of the African American Consumer
• 11-noon: Pending Matters at the FCC
15TH POWER OF URBAN RADIO FORUM
• Noon-2p: Luncheon Special Guest Speaker: The Honorable ERIC HOLDER, Former U.S. Attorney General
Keynote Speaker: EDNA KANE-WILLIAMS SVP/ Multicultural Marketing - AARP
Presentation of National Service Awards to:
COO/OMD-USA, KATHLEEN BROOKBANKS
CEO/OPTIMEDIA USA, DAVE EHLERS
CEO MEDIA VEST USA, BRIAN TERKELSEN
• 2-3:30p: Global Media CEO Panel Moderated by ERICA FARBER, CEO, RADIO ADVERTISING BUREAU
• 3:30-4:30p: Special One-on-One, NABOB and National Marketer Session-KAREN SLADE, VP/GM of KJLH/LOS ANGELES and JAMES COLON, VP/AFRICAN-AMERICAN STRATEGY of TOYOTA USA
• 4:30-5:30p: National Marketers Panel -- DETAVIO SAMUELS, Pres./ONE SOLUTIONS leads a session with the country's leading marketing executives from STATE FARM INSURANCE, SEAN COMBS WINE SPIRITS, NATIONWIDE INSURANCE, WELLS FARGO and WALMART.
• 5:30-8:30p: NABOB Annual FALL CONFERENCE Reception