Radio Everyone Assesses Its Impact
October 8, 2015 at 3:36 PM (PT)
An estimated 40% reach of the global population -- an average of 417 million people per day -- took part or were exposed to the UNITED NATION's 17 Global Goals through the seven-day PROJECT EVERYONE. RADIO EVERYONE Radio Head PIERS BRADFORD discussed the radio division's goals in POWER PLAYER (9/22); now that it's over, here's what they accomplished:
* Over 250 million people engaged via RADIO EVERYONE in 75 countries with 600 radio partners.
* 60,000 people attended the Global Citizen Festival concert in NEW YORK's CENTRAL PARK, including First Lady MICHELLE OBAMA, LEONARDO DICAPRIO, BONO, BILL and MELINDA GATES and MALALA YOUSAFZAI. The concert was headlined by BEYONCÉ and COLDPLAY and watched on TV in 26 countries.
* Mobile operators text almost one billion people about the goals and spread the word to 5.2 billion customers.
* 1.3 million mentions on social media with #globalgoals trending across the world thanks to the support of 20 of the world’s top websites, Prime Minister DAVID CAMERON, HILLARY CLINTON, JENNIFER LOPEZ, ASHTON KUTCHER, 1D, DAVID and VICTORIA BECKHAM and many more.
* Countless people joined a star studded line-up in the crowdsourced film 'We The People,’ contributed to by STEPHEN HAWKING, DANIEL CRAIG, JENNIFER LAWRENCE, KATE WINSLET, MERYL STREEP, ROBERT REDFORD, COLIN FIRTH, STEVIE WONDER, HER MAJESTY QUEEN RANIA AL ABDULLAH OF JORDAN and many more.
Find out more about the Global Goals: www.globalgoals.org