Cumulus/Westwood One CMO Bouvard With Marketing Conference Takeaways
October 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM (PT)
With more than 3,000 top marketing and sales executives across the U.S. convening for last week's annual ASSOCIATION OF NATIONAL ADVERTISERS MASTERS OF MARKETING CONFERENCE in ORLANDO, FL, CUMULUS/WESTWOOD ONE CMO PIERRE BOUVARD shared his 10 key takeaways in a new blog post here.
BOUVARD's 10 top takeaways from the CONFERENCE expand on the following themes:
1) Marketing disruption and six industry advancements.
2) Five advertiser red flags.
3) Small advertiser? Take risks!
4) Use music for "memory lane marketing".
5) Radio showed up!
6) Focus on the APT - the "age people think" - not demographics.
7) "Old people are a growth market."
8) Use adventurous consumers and disrupt with love.
9) Walk in your customer's shoes.
10) Agencies need to reinvent -- diversity is key.
“Disruption is on the minds of marketers, who brought fresh insights on the challenges and opportunities ahead," BOUVARD wrote. "It was inspiring and heartening to have radio show up and be a huge part of the discussion.”