The Dash To Dash 3.0 Is On
October 26, 2015 at 4:46 AM (PT)
The third annual DASH 3.0 CONFERENCE in DETROIT is just around the corner, NOVEMBER 4th-5th at the WESTIN HOTEL at the DETROIT AIRPORT. ALL ACESSS spoke with DASH 3.0 partner FRED JACOBS, Pres. of JACOBS MEDIA, about why DASH 3.0 is a must-attend, again this year.
"The intersection of automotive and radio is at a critical point," JACOBS said, "Automakers are moving at Mach 3 speed and APPLE and GOOGLE are in the middle of it all and that's exactly where radio needs to be as well -- in the middle of this and they can be by attending DASH 3.0.
"DASH 3.0 brings together the biggest and best brands in the automotive space to help radio broadcaster navigate the space. Because the car is both the #1 radio listening location and the #1 radio revenue category, it is of paramount importance to everyone in the industry.
"DASH 3.0 is a great networking event where attendees get to meet execs from other industries who bring real learning and perspective."
JACOBS went on to thumbnail the event, saying "At DASH 3.0, we have our best lineup of execs from the top car companies, as well as their Tier 1 suppliers, including:
• FORD's MARK LANEVE, VP/Marketing, Sales, & Service talking about the impact of digital on marketing cars. MARK is also on ENTERCOM's Board of Directors, so he knows the radio space.
• PANDORA's GEOFF SNYDER & GENERAL MOTOR's KEVIN SQUIBB discussing in-showroom marketing and why it matters.
• Auto consultant JOHN ELLIS who will lay out the competitive threat represented by APPLE CAR PLAY and GOOGLE's ANDROID AUTO. This is a major dashboard issue.
• "The Latest & Greatest In The Car" will be a great session featuring execs from CISCO, TOYOTA, NEXTRADIO, and VISTEON.
• "Training Consumers To Use their Connected Cars" will be a strong session headed up by ERICA FARBER, featuring a panel of car dealers discussing the ins and outs of helping consumers figure out how to use their new dashboards.
• And J.D. POWER's VP/Global Automotive DAVE SARGENT will present their new study about how consumers actually use the features in their connected cars.
And there will be several content-rich panels, including:
• A keynote interview about podcasting and cars, featuring PODCASTONE's NORM PATTIZ and podcasting superstar ADAM CAROLLA.
• "Cutting Through The Dashboard Clutter" features Dr. ED COHEN moderating a session featuring execs from NPR's JOEL SUCHERMAN, SLACKER's MIKE KASPERIAN and RIVET RADIO's JOHN MACLEOD.
• "In-Car/On-Demand" features AMPLIFIMEDIA's STEVE GOLDSTEIN along with AUDIBLE's ERIC NUZUM, WNYC's SARAH VAN MOSEL and ERIK DIEHN from MIDROLL.
And radio will be well-represented, too, featuring BOB PITTMAN's keynote, and appearances from GREATER MEDIA's PETER SMYTH and HUBBARD RADIO's GINNY MORRIS.
To look at the full DASH 3.0 agenda go here.
And, to register for DASH 3.0 go here.