Asia Pop 40 Counts Down Year's Top 140 Songs
January 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM (PT)
ASIA POP 40, the region's only syndicated radio chart countdown program, will count down the most popular 140 songs from 2015, over four weekly installments through JANUARY.
This year marks the second annual countdown, based purely on their ranking in the chart and the number of weeks they appeared.
ASIA POP 40 Creator/Exec. Producer ROB GRAHAM stated: “We have always wanted to create a year-end highlight package of the show, so what better way to showcase 52 episodes, or 156 hours, of programming. We believe our annual countdown is another first for Asian radio and we’re very proud of that. The audience response after the first countdown last year was terrific.”
ASIA POP 40 will honor the #1 Song Of 2015 and the #1 Artist Of 2015.
Some ASIA POP 40 factoids:
• 12 different songs took out the #1 position in 2015 (compared to 16 in
• 45 songs were collaborations (42 in 2014)
• 24 songs were from original motion picture soundtracks
• 56 songs by artists from NORTH AMERICA (67 in 2014)
• 24 songs by artists from EUROPE. (24 in 2014)
• 5 songs by artists from AUSTRALASIA (11 in 2014);
• 26 songs appeared in both 2014’s and 2015’s countdown.
ASIA POP 140 will also air interviews with artists (including CARLY RAE JEPSEN, ECHOSMITH, JOHYN LEGEND -- last year's ASIA POP 40 #1 Song Of The Year -- JUSTIN BIEBER, FIFTH HARMONY, SIMPLE PLAN, SARA BAREILLES, NICO & VINZ, SHEPPARD, OMI, JOE JONAS, REDFOO, RACHEL PLATTEN, R. CITY, BEFORE YOU EXIT, PEKING DUK, HERMITUDE, DAMI IM, RINN WALUNDAN, SLOT MACHINE) as well as highlights of the year.
The announcement of the #1 Song for 2015 will be made on SATURDAY, JANUARY 23rd.