SiriusXM Rolls Out Super Bowl Week Programming
January 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM (PT)
SIRIUSXM will offer subscribers wide-ranging audio coverage of SUPER BOWL 50, leading up to the big game next SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7th at LEVI'S STADIUM in SANTA CLARA. Listeners nationwide will have access to 10 broadcasts of the season’s biggest game in eight languages, plus a myriad of special programming throughout the week showcasing personalities from the worlds of sports, entertainment and music.
SUPER BOWL 50 will air live in multiple languages, while subscribers will have access to the DENVER BRONCOS broadcast, the CAROLINA PANTHERS BROADCAST, the WESTWOOD ONE national broadcast, and broadcasts in SPANISH, HUNGARIAN, JAPANESE, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, CANTONESE and GERMAN.
During the PEPSI SUPER BOWL 50 HALFTIME SHOW, SIRIUSXM will offer listeners the on-field musical performance by COLDPLAY, BEYONCE and special guests on THE SPECTRUM (channel 28).
SiriusXM NFL RADIO (channel 88) will broadcast live every day from the NFL’s Radio Row in downtown SAN FRANCISCO, with hosts GIL BRANDT, RICH GANNON, PAT KIRWAN, JIM MILLER, KIRK MORRISON, SHANNON SHARPE, STEVE SMITH, BOB PAPA, ALEX MARVEZ, BRUCE MURRAY and HOWARD BALZER.
SIRIUSXM’s other sports, entertainment and music channels will also present a variety of programming, highlighted by a lineup of its leading personalitites on FRIDAY, FEBRARY 5th.
• JAMIE FOXX will host a special live broadcast of THE FOXXHOLE (channel 96), starting at 3p (ET) 12p (PT).
• JENNY McCARTHY will host a special edition of her show, "DIRTY, SEXY, FUNNY," taping at 3p (ET)/12p (PT) (airing at 8p ET/5p PT) on SIRIUSXM STARS, channel 109).
• JOEL and VICTORIA OSTEEN will host a special show live at 2p (ET)/11a (PT) on JOEL OSTEEN RADIO, channel 128).
• SWAY CALLOWAY will host "SWAY IN THE MORNING," his regular show on EMINEM’s SHADE 45 channel, at 10a (ET)/7a (PT) (channel 45). He will also host his show live from PLANK in his hometown of OAKLAND, CA, on THURSDAY at 10a (ET)/7a (PT).
• SIRIUSXM’s BUSINESS RADIO, in collaboration with THE WHARTON SCHOOL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA and RISE, will broadcast a special panel discussion, “Beyond the Game: Tackling Race,” live from WHARTON’s SAN FRANCISCO campus at 6p (ET)/3p (PT) on SIRIUSXM channel 111).
• Former NFL All-Pro running back MAURICE JONES-DREW will host his SIRIUSXM FANTASY SPORTS RADIO show at 2p (ET)/11a (PT) on SIRIUS channel 210, XM channel 87).
On SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6th, SIRIUSXM NFL RADIO will have live interviews from the red carpet before the annual NFL HONORS event that salutes the top players and performers of the 2015 season. Listeners will also hear live coverage of the announcement of the PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME’s Class of 2016, plus interviews with the newly elected inductees.
SIRIUSXM’s MAD DOG SPORTS RADIO (channel 82) will broadcast live throughout the week, featuring MAD DOG UNLEASED with CHRISTOPHER RUSSO (3p ET/12p PT), the STEPHEN A. SMITH show (1p ET/10a PT), and SCHEIN ON SPORTS with ADAM SCHEIN (10a ET/7a PT).
Throughout SUPER BOWL WEEK, SIRIUSXM will offer a special pop-up channel entirely dedicated to the game. SUPER BOWL RADIO (SIRIUS ch. 145, XM ch. 207, ch. 968 on the SIRIUSXM app) will launch on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4th, and air until MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8th. The channel’s programming will feature broadcasts of past SUPER BOWLS, historical vignettes on all 49 SUPER BOWLs leading up to this year’s game, a rebroadcast of SIRIUSXM’s exclusive artist confidential with COLDPLAY's CHRIS MARTIN, plus up-to-the-moment info on NFL events and BAY AREA traffic and weather to keep fans informed.
SIRIUSXM will also launch a limited-run channel dedicated to airing popular songs that rock stadiums and sports arenas, starting on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th at 5p (ET) and airing through the weekend, SIRIUSXM’s HAIR NATION (channel 39), will become the SPORTS ANTHEMS CHANNEL, featuring songs to fire up fans at sporting events, including GUNS N' ROSES, AC/DC and THE WHITE STRIPES, among others.