Media Monitors In-Depth Report: 2016 Election Year-To-Date Radio Use
February 23, 2016 at 5:48 AM (PT)
MEDIA MONITORS has released its update on the primary election and the spots that both parties have been running on the Radio. They wrote, "For this week’s report, we wanted to present the data in a little different way. We combined the Super PAC and Campaign totals to give a clearer look at the race so far. We also eliminate anyone who suspended their campaign for President."
Ted Cruz Launched Seven Times More Ads than Trump
The report notes that in a campaign season that has keep the pundits busy trying to analyze what has happened, there is some evidence that free publicity may work as well as radio or TV. "DONALD TRUMP may be in 4th place out of all candidates using radio, but is clearly the front-runner in most polls," writes MEDIA MONITORS.
Looking inside the numbers:
- TED CRUZ’s support from Super PACs is greater than any other candidate. Keep The Promise I aired 9,839 spots for CRUZ; 75% of all the spots that were run so far for CRUZ: 13,094. The Super PAC Courageous Conservatives ran 259 spots and Keep The Promise* cleared 445 spots. The Lone Star Committee ran 214 spots for Cruz, while TED CRUZ’s campaign ran 2,337 spots.
- HILLARY CLINTON also got a boost from her Super PAC. CLINTON aired 8,803 spots in total with Priorities USA Act running 2,362 spots, or almost 30% of her spots run so far.
- DR. BEN CARSON’s Super PAC called Our Children’s Future ran only 375 spots, while his campaign aired 2.672 spots bringing his total to 3,047 spots.
- MARCO RUBIO aired 2,501 spots in total, with his Super PAC Conservative Solutions PAC paying for 2,075 spots and his campaign running 426 ads. With only 17% of his ads being purchased by his campaign, ongoing fund raising will be a priority.
- DONALD TRUMP tells everyone his campaign is self-funded and indeed, the only spots that were run for him came from his political corporation, to the tune of 1,826 spots so far.
- DR. BEN CARSON has only had ads touting him from a Super PAC called Our Children’s Future. They ran only 375 spots.
- JOHN KASICH is being supported by the Super PAC New Day For America that ran 36 radio spots since JANUARY 1st of this year.