Bridge Ratings: The Podcasting Audit
March 3, 2016 at 3:50 AM (PT)
BRIDGE RATINGS Podcasting clients were recently presented with a detailed audit of the fast-growing audio-on-demand platform. Topics covered in detail were:
- Podcasting Growth
- Podcast Listening Behavior
- Podcast Listener Acquisition
- Podcasting Advertising Pricing
- Podcasting Growth Scenarios
BRIDGE found, "While there is variance in our industry regarding the amount of money advertisers have invested in the Podcasting universe, revenues have grown by approximately 25% over the last five years; our findings indicate a huge potential for growth (Cost-per-thousands and total revenue) which is expected to stay consistent into 2020 at least.
"And as the number of podcasting listeners continues to expand (8% over the last five years), the number of podcasts they listen to increases as well. Total podcast listens have grown 11% during the same period and going forward we see these numbers accelerating depending on three scenarios which you can read more about on the BRIDGE RATINGS site.
BRIDGE found listener acquisition is fed in four key areas:
- Well-known radio personalities or celebrity hosts
- Cross promotion on both traditional radio and popular podcasts
- Social media buzz
- Presence in digital consumption rankers such as the iTUNES Top 10 list.
More detail is available by going to www.bridgeratings.com and selecting “The Podcasting Audit” option on the main page.