Ria's Rising Stars Scholarship Winner Emily Ward Heads To Cox Media/Jacksonville
May 4, 2016 at 3:55 AM (PT)
ALL ACCESS is pleased to announce that EMILY WARD, a recent recipient of a RIA'S RISING STARS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP to WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2016 has been hired as an Account Exec at COX MEDIA/JACKSONVILLE, beginning MAY 23rd.
WARD attends GEORGIA COLLEGE in MILLEDGEVILLE, GA and will be finishing up her job as Production Manager at GCSU's WGUR (95.3 THE NOISE) before heading to COX MEDIA.
Commenting on her new opportunity, WARD told ALL ACCESS, "I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life and I am eager to begin working in the industry with such a great company.
"A huge thank you to ALL ACCESS for allowing me to come to WWRS 2016 where I was able to meet with current COX employees and learn from other industry professionals."
ALL ACCESS President & Publisher and RIA'S RISING STARS FOUNDATION Chairman, Co-founder JOEL DENVER said, "EMILY represents an example of someone who sees radio and broadcasting as a future and has the passion to push the boundaries and explore all that this industry has to offer. We are most proud of her for being selected as one of our RIA'S RISING STARS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP winners, and for landing such a great job."
You Can Apply For WWRS 2017 Ria's Rising Stars Scholarships
It's simple to apply for a RIA'S RISING STAR FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP for WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 by clicking here!
Who Is Eligible And How Do You Apply?
Anyone at an accredited broadcast school or in college taking on-air or off-air broadcast and/or broadcast-journalism courses may apply. Just send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Letter of application stating why you should be selected by the RIA'S RISING STARS SCHOLARSHIP committee that should also include a concise overview including:
- Name of school
- Current broadcast and/or broadcast-journalism courses
- Educational focus of your curriculum
- Current GPA
- Letter of reference/recommendation from a current teacher
- Your professional and personal aspirations including community/charity work
- Links to any audio or video -- do not send files, please!