Ariana Grande, Drake, Justin Timberlake Top Spotify's 'Songs Of Summer'
June 2, 2016 at 11:53 AM (PT)
SPOTIFY revealed its selection of the hottest songs that are set to become the soundtrack of your summer, topped by ARIANA GRANDE's "Into You," DRAKE's "One Dance" (f/WIZKID and KYLA) and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE's "Can't Stop The Feeling."
To compile the list, SPOTIFY pooled collective expertise from its genre and trend experts, label relations and data insights teams, and considered factors such as each track’s streaming activity, performance on its viral chart, as well as social media buzz.
This year's standouts include familiar summer anthem artists such as JASON DERULO and CALVIN HARRIS, as well as breakout acts such as DESIIGNER and THE CHAINSMOKERS.
SPOTIFY Trends Expert SHAON COOK commented: "While ARIANA GRANDE's 'Into You' has all the right elements to make it the song of the summer, generous listening time is bound to go to epic tracks like DRAKE's 'One Dance' and breakout artist DESIIGNER's 'Panda.' As we approach summer, this list represents songs that are really starting to sizzle as well as those that SPOTIFY listeners are already jamming to as playlist staples."
1. ARIANA GRANDE, "Into You": Having already crossed the 20-million streams mark, this has the potential to make us feel like it's summer ‘14 all over again, when she ruled the charts.
2. DRAKE (ft. WIZKID and KYLA), "One Dance": With daily streams of more than 2 million in the U.S., the beat-driven track has spent weeks atop SPOTIFY's charts and is set to be a summer playlist staple.
3. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, "Can't Stop The Feeling:": With more than 75 million streams to date and undeniable upbeat vibe, this track is a strong contender.
4. FIFTH HARMONY, "Work From Home": Following the success of last year's summer's hit "Worth It," this track has streamed more than 260 million times and with an assist from TY DOLLA $IGN, is a fun, sexy romp that's likely to continue through the warmer months.
5. CALVIN HARRIS (f/RIHANNA): "This is What You Came For": SPOTIFY listeners instantly took to this and it has amassed a cool 110 million streams since its late APRIL release. (More history for you: HARRIS' "Summer" was crowned SPOTIFY's song of the summer in 2014).
6. JASON DERULO, "If It Ain't Love": Following 2015's insanely infectious "Want To Want Me" (which just surpassed 400 million streams), this has the right beat and enough playfulness to make it a top summer hit. Averaging 1 million streams a day, the track continues to gain momentum with listeners.
7. DESIIGNER, "Panda": The trap song hasn't budged from the upper reaches of SPOTIFY's U.S. chart for the past two months and streams more than 1 million times a day.
8. THE CHAINSMOKERS, "Don't Let Me Down":Averaging 3 million streams a day globally, the N.Y. producer duo doesn't need to turn a camera on itself to prove its worth with SPOTIFY listeners.
9. KEITH URBAN, "Wasted Time": The singer-songwriter blends pulsing dance beats with country rock and the track is building with SPOTIFY listeners, who we've noticed have wasted no time going back for repeat listens.
10. FRENSHIP (f/EMILY WARREN), "Capsize": This track stood out because of its rapid growth, reaching eight million streams barely a month after release. WARREN's “omg” hook captivates on this new offering from a fresh-on-the-scene music duo based in L.A., and this track could be the dark horse on our list.