NABEF Broadcast Leadership Training Class Of '16 Graduates
June 28, 2016 at 7:15 AM (PT)
The NAB EDUCATION FOUNDATION's 2016 Broadcast Leadership Training (BLT) class graduated this month after a 10-month Executive MBA-style program teaching the fundamentals of purchasing, owning, operating and managing radio and television stations. This year's topics included securing funding, identifying stations for purchase, developing a business plan, exercising due diligence, and implementing successful management strategies.
"Every year, BLT offers the industry’s best and brightest the equivalent of a masters degree in broadcasting," said NABEF Pres. MARCELLUS ALEXANDER. "With each graduating class, this industry benefits as the broadcast leadership bar is raised."
"This year's BLT program participants are a tight-knit group of highly-skilled individuals, who I know will go on to lead the broadcast industry to even greater heights," said SHOOTING STAR BROADCASTING founder and President and BLT program founder and Dean DIANE SUTTER.
Among Industry experts to serve as associate deans for the program this year were OHANA MEDIA GROUP's TRILA BUMSTEAD, GRAHAM AND ASSOCIATES' ANITA STEPHENS-GRAHAM, MOJO BRANDS MEDIA, LLC's MARC JAROMIN, BAYOU CITY BROADCASTING's DUJUAN MCCOY, and ALOHA STATION TRUST's JEANETTE TULLY.
- BEASLEY/TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG GSM ERIKA BEASLEY
- RADIO ONE/ATLANTA Marketing Dir. LORI FLOWERS
- R&F COMMUNICATIONS/DICKSON, TN Pres./GM KENNETH W. FORTE
- RENO MEDIA GROUP/RENO, NV VP/GM TRICIA GALLENBECK
- FUTURI MEDIA SVP/Finance LAURA GRIFFITH
- UNIVISION VP/DOS KARIMA KHAWJA
- PAUL LEVINGSTON
- 21ST CENTURY FOX VP/GSM RITA MARCOCCI
- WSTB/MISHAWAKA, IN President/GM JIM ROBERTS
- iHEARTMEDIA/ST. LOUIS GSM JAMES ROBINSON
- RADIO ONE/WASHINGTON DOS SAMUEL TATUM
- COX MEDIA GROUP/PITTSBURGH GSM CEDRIC THOMAS
- HEARST NBC affiliate KCRA-TV/SACRAMENTO ND LORI WALDON
- M-STREET VENTURES, LLC Managing Partner TIM WARD
- TRIBUNE MEDIA/WASHINGTON Digital Sales/New Business Mgr. STEVE ZAFIROPULOS