'Now Hear This' Adds More Podcasts To Festival, Tickets On Sale
July 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM (PT)
The NOW HEAR THIS podcast festival has announced a new slate of talent for its inaugural event on OCTOBER 28th through 30th in ANAHEIM, CA. Tickets are now on sale, with limited availability of early-bird pricing and VIP experience tickets.
NOW HEAR THIS is a multi-genre podcast festival curated for fans and created by leading podcast company MIDROLL MEDIA.
The hosts of popular podcasts from multiple genres and networks such as PANOPLY and MAXIMUM FUN have been added to the lineup for the fan-focused weekend of live performances, meet-and-greet opportunities and immersive fan experiences. Additions include:
• “Lore,” the podcast about the dark historical stories that fuel our superstitions
• “Criminal,” featuring stories of people who’ve done wrong, been wronged or gotten caught somewhere in the middle
• “Jordan, Jesse, Go!”, a freewheeling comedy podcast about life in your 20s
• “The Gist,” SLATE’s daily afternoon podcast about news, culture and everything else you’re discussing with friends and family, hosted by MIKE PESCA
• “Superego,” the improvised comedy podcast hosted by MATT GOURLEY, JEREMY CARTER, MARK McCONVILLE and PAUL F. TOMPKINS
• “Spontaneanation,” an improvised show from PAUL F. TOMPKINS and special guests
• “Hello From the Magic Tavern,” a podcast hosted and produced by ARNIE NIEKAMP, set in a magical realm where NIEKAMP is trapped after falling through a dimensional rift in CHICAGO
• “Dear Prudence,” a weekly advice podcast from MALLORY ORTBRG, based on the long-running SLATE.com column
• “Crybabies,” the podcast devoted to movies, songs and anything else that makes you want to cry, from co-hosts SARAH THYRE and SUSAN ORLEAN
• “The Canon,” a weekly conversation about movies from film critics DEVIN FARACI and AMY NICHOLSON
• “I Was There Too,” hosted by MATT GOURLEY, featuring stories from the people present in the great scenes of cinema history
The newly announced performances are in addition to the headliners announced earlier this month: MARC MARON (“WTF with MARC MARON"), SCOTT AUKERMAN (f“Comedy Bang! Bang!”), LAUREN LAPKUS (“With Special Guest LAUREN LAPKUS”) and PAUL SCHEER (“How Did This Get Made?”). Also on the lineup is talent from the comedy podcast “The Brilliant Idiots.”
For all details on tickets, including FAQs and links to purchase, visit nowhearthisfest.com and click on “Buy Tickets.” Additional headliners and guests will continue to be announced in coming weeks.