Report: Fox News' Megyn Kelly Told Investigators Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her About 10 Years Ago
July 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM (PT)
The latest revelation in the sexual harassment case against FOX NEWS Chairman/CEO ROGER AILES is another report from NEW YORK MAGAZINE's GABRIEL SHERMAN which says that one of the network's biggest stars, anchor MEGYN KELLY, told investigators from law firm PAUL, WEISS that AILES had sexually harassed her about 10 years ago.
SHERMAN reports that two sources have confirmed to him that KELLY, who has been silent in public about the case filed against AILES by former anchor GRETCHEN CARLSON, told the PAUL, WEISS investigators that AILES had made unwanted sexual advances towards her. SHERMAN previously reported (NET NEWS 7/18) that RUPERT MURDOCH and his sons LACHLAN and JAMES have agreed that AILES must be removed from FOX NEWS but differ on the timing and manner; SHERMAN added that lawyers for the network's parent company 21ST CENTURY FOX have given AILES the choice of resigning by AUGUST 1st or being fired.
A statement from AILES' attorney SUSAN ESTRICH responded, "ROGER AILES has never sexually harassed MEGYN KELLY. In fact, he has spent much of the last decade promoting and helping her achieve the stardom she earned, for which she has repeatedly and publicly thanked him."
As the investigation widens, FOX has given employees a waiver of non-disclosure agreements so that they may tell the investigators what they have seen and experienced. Meanwhile, reports at various news sources with varying claims of confirmation of support indicated that AILES is leaving the network, with one report via MATT DRUDGE speculating about a $40 million settlement and claiming to be sourced from a document, but DRUDGE later pulled the story after FOX apparently confirmed and then rescinded its confirmation of the report.