Cumulus/Westwood One Cites 'Seven Things Brands Have Completely Wrong About Radio'
October 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM (PT)
CUMULUS/WESTWOOD ONE Chief Insights Officer PIERRE BOUVARD and Content Marketing Manager LAUREN VETRANO worked together to once again debunk common misconceptions about the alleged decline of AM/FM -- especially when it comes to Millennial listening. In their new post on WESTWOOD ONE's blog, they list the "Seven Things Brands Have Completely Wrong About Radio."
Point by point, they list:
• At a 93% weekly reach, AM/FM radio is AMERICA’s #1 mass-reach medium, according to NIELSEN.
• Even among 18-34 Millennials, AM/FM radio is the #1 mass-reach medium. (NIELSEN)
• Share of Time Spent Listening to AM/FM radio is eight times bigger than PANDORA and 19 times bigger than SPOTIFY, according to EDISON RESEARCH.
• With a 71% share of in-car audio listening, AM/FM is the centerpiece of in-car audio. (EDISON)
• More Millennials listen to AM/FM radio weekly than any other generation. (NIELSEN)
• AM/FM radio listening is up among key selling demos. (NIELSEN)
• The optimal media mix is 71% traditional and 29% digital for Millennials; 78% and 22% for Adults 18+, according to the ADVERTISING RESEARCH FOUNDATION.
Read the full blog post and view the presentation here.