Westwood One Cites 5 Holiday Shopping Data Points
October 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM (PT)
In its latest post on the WESTWOOD ONE blog, Chief Insights Officer of Cumulus PIERRE BOUVARD delved into “Holiday Shopping 2016: 5 Things To Know.” He listed five consumer and media insights for advertisers to maximize sales this holiday season. There are:
1. AMERICANS still flock to discount and department stores for holiday shopping. According to the U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, 93% of sales occur offline.
2. AM/FM radio is the best way to reach holiday shoppers: 94% of adults 25-54 are reached during holiday weeks, according to NIELSEN.
3. Radio and outdoor media influence purchase decisions the most, according to a recent study by STARCOM MEDIAVEST.
4. AM/FM drives more sales than streaming, because most AM/FM listening occurs away from home. Two-thirds of AM/FM listening is away from home, compared to only 38% of streaming audio listening. (NIELSEN and EDISON RESEARCH)
5. Radio drives ROI for department stores and mass merchandisers. According to NIELSEN’s sales lift studies, a dollar of radio advertising generates $16 of incremental sales for mass merchandisers and $17 of incremental sales for department stores.
Get all the details here.