Register Now! Fred Jacobs And Jacobs Media's Techsurvey13's First Reveal Is At Worldwide Radio Summit 2017
Fly Delta To Save, Early Bird Registration Is On, Book A Room At The W Hotel
November 4, 2016 at 4:03 AM (PT)
The results from the largest survey about technology ever conducted for radio JACOBS MEDIA's TECHSURVEY13 will astound you. TS13 gets its first reveal in an exclusive presentation at WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 at noon, THURSDAY, MAY 4th presented in person by JACOBS MEDIA Pres. FRED JACOBS.
If you've never attended WWRS 2017, get ready for an amazing learning and networking experience -- MAY 3rd, 4th, 5th at the W HOTEL/HOLLYWOOD. The early bird registration is only $395 but ends on DECEMBER 9th ... and jumps to $475 so sign up now!
Get a 15% discount if you are sending 5 or more from the same group, company, station or cluster as long as everyone registers at the same time. Fly DELTA and use travel code "NMNYN" to save up to 10%.
What TECHSURVEY13 Means To You
Last year, JACOBS MEDIA’s TECHSURVEY12 was a groundbreaking survey. Overall, 255 radio stations across NORTH AMERICA representing a diverse group of broadcasting companies contributed more than 39,500 respondents to radio's largest survey devoted to media and technology in 12 different formats.
According to JACOBS MEDIA Pres. FRED JACOBS, “The data from TS12 was illuminating, providing broadcasters with a unique look at their audiences. The growing use of digital platforms, the emotional triggers that make broadcast radio unique across different generations, and podcasting were all areas that provided great guidance to help the industry better understand the major changes taking place. TECHSURVEY13 will be bigger and better.”
TS13 will again feature trending so that broadcasters can see the changes that occur with audience usage and habits from year-to-year, as well as deeper dives into the following areas:
- Further examination of how generations impact behaviors and media choices
- A deep dive into podcasting – who's participating and what types of podcasts they prefer
- Social networking growth – specifically, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and SNAPCHAT – and how stations can best participate in this space
- Use of Internet radio, from station streams to PANDORA, SPOTIFY, iHEARTRADIO, APPLE MUSIC and others
- How listeners connect with stations utilizing streams, websites, social media channels, podcasts, etc.
- The subscription mindset – what are consumers willing to pay for entertainment and information?
- An analysis of media consumption in cars, the new “at-work,” and its impact on consumer behavior and audio choices
- The growth of mobile phones, tablets, and apps – especially as the space shows growth every year
- Trending on smartwatches and fitness wearables
- The impact of Smart TVs and how they’re being used as in-home "radios"
- The cord-cutting mindset and customization of entertainment
- The changing world of new music discovery.
Here are some broad results from TECHSURVEY12:
Stations can participate in two different ways:
- No fee – This allows participation in the results webinar, along with receiving national data
- A small fee based on market size – Stakeholder stations receive all the national data, participation in the webinar, as well as an in-depth look at their unique audience, their format's audience, including their station's "Media Usage Pyramid" and "Brand Platform Pyramid."