Report: Vince Neil Won't Be Playing Trump Inauguration After All
November 21, 2016 at 4:58 AM (PT)
After BILLBOARD rand TMZ both reported MOTLEY CRUE lead singer VINCE NEIL had been invited to play at PRESIDENT-elect DONALD TRUMP's inauguration, now it's being revealed the rocker -- who was quite visible greeting the REPUBLICAN candidate during his debate in LAS VEGAS -- won't be playing after all.
According to DIGITAL MUSIC NEWS, the committee organzing the bash has removede him fromthe program. According to NEIL, he was formally invited two months ago and cleared by the SECRET SERVICE, but after TRUMP's unexpected victory, he was formally "uninvited."
“I was asked to do the inauguration two months ago,” NEIL told TMZ in a recorded statement. “No matter who won. We obviously had no idea who was going to win. And I said absolutely, I wanted to play the inauguration. We gave all of our passports for the band and crew to the SECRET SERVICE. They went through everything, and as far as I know from that, we were playing.”
Actually, turns out the invitation was not from TRUMP, but from HILLARY CLINTON, which was so overconfident they invited the rocker to perform at their INAUGURATION gala which will now not take place.
“I didn’t know about the DEMOCRATIC part of asking us to play,” added VINCE. “I just thought, or maybe I just assumed, that it doesn’t matter who won, it’s still a big party. But I guess there’s more politics involved in a band playing than I thought there was.”