CMA Elects New Board Of Directors
December 8, 2016 at 6:05 AM (PT)
RYMAN AUDITORIUM GM SALLY WILLIAMS has been named the new Chairman Of The Board for the COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CMA), replacing outgoing chairman JOHN ESPOSITO. WILLIAMS was previously Board President and will assume the new appointment effective SUNDAY, JANUARY 1st, 2017.
THE FITZGERALD HARTLEY COMPANY Partner BILL SIMMONS will become the new CMA President, BMI VP/Writer-Publisher Relations JODY WILLIAMS is the new President-Elect, and TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SVP/Programming KURT JOHNSON has been named Secretary/Treasurer of the CMA Board Of Directors.
Said ESPOSITO, "It has been my great honor to serve as Chairman of the CMA Board. It has been an especially great thrill to have served on this historic 50th Anniversary of the CMA Awards. Working with this Board and the great people who serve on it has been a major highlight of my career. I look forward to continuing to remain very active with CMA in other capacities. The Board is in great hands with SALLY WILLIAMS as the incoming Chairman. She will further the mission of this organization."
The following is a list of 2017 CMA Directors and Directors At Large:
- Advertising/Public Relations/Media: "COUNTRY COUNTDOWN USA WITH LON HELTON" host LON HELTON; CMT's BRIAN PHILIPS
- Affiliated: OPRY ENTERTAINMENT's STEVE BUCHANAN; COUNTRY RADIO BROADCASTERS, INC.'s BILL MAYNE
- Artist: KIX BROOKS; LITTLE BIG TOWN's KAREN FAIRCHILD
- Composer: LOVE MONKEY MUSIC's BOB DIPIERO; SMACKSONGS, LLC's SHANE MCANALLY
- Entertainment Services: FLOOD, BUMSTEAD, MCCREADY, & MCCARTHY's FRANK BUMSTEAD; WILES + TAYLOR & CO., PC's DWIGHT WILES
- International: CAPITOL MUSIC GROUP SWEDEN's MARIA MOLIN LJUNGGREN; AEG EUROPE/THE O2 LONDON's MILLY OLYKAN
- Marketing/Digital: SPOTIFY's JOHN MARKS; iTUNES' SALLY SEITZ
- Music Publisher/Performing Rights Organization: ASCAP's MICHAEL MARTIN; BMI's JODY WILLIAMS
- Musician: JIMMIE LEE SLOAS; BIFF-BANGS PRODUCTIONS, INC.'s BIFF WATSON
- Personal Manager: THE HQ's ANN EDELBLUTE; SHOPKEEPER MANAGEMENT's MARION KRAFT
- Producer/Engineer/Studio: CREATIVE NATION MUSIC's LUKE LAIRD
- Radio: EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/NEW YORK's CHARLIE MORGAN
- Record Company: WARNER MUSIC NASHVILLE's JOHN ESPOSITO; SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE's RANDY GOODMAN
- Talent Agent: WILLIAM MORRIS ENDEAVOR ENTERTAINMENT, LLC's ROB BECKHAM
- Talent Buyer/Promoter: AEG LIVE's ALLEN ANDERS; CONWAY ENTERTAINMENT GROUP's TONY CONWAY
- Touring Personnel: RICHARDS & SOUTHERN's TERRY CALONGE; SOUND IMAGE's EVERETT LYBOLT
- Venue: RYMAN AUDITORIUM's SALLY WILLIAMS
- Lifetime Directors: DENNY PROPERTIES' J. WILLIAM DENNY; PEERMUSIC's RALPH PEER II
- Ex-Officio Members: THE SMITH-FREE GROUP, LLC's JIM FREE; NASHVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS CORPORATION's BUTCH SPYRIDON; COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM's KYLE YOUNGa
- Directors At Large: MARCIE ALLEN, JIM BEAVERS, STEVE BLATTER, SCOTT BORCHETTA, BECKY BRENNER, CHRIS DUBOIS, MIKE DUNGAN, KERRI EDWARDS, BRETT ELDREDGE, TED ELLIS, JOE GALANTE, JEFF GARRISON, JOHN HAMLIN, ED HARDY, CLINT HIGHAM, MARY HILLIARD HARRINGTON, JOHN HUIE, CLAY HUNNICUTT, BRETT JAMES, KURT JOHNSON, VIVIEN LEWIT, JON LOBA, DEB MCDERMOTT, EBIE MCFARLAND, MIKE MCVAY, JIM ED NORMAN, BRIAN O'CONNELL, JASON OWEN, ROD PHILLIPS, ROB POTTS, DAVID ROSS, DARIUS RUCKER, STACEY SCHILTZ, SCOTT SCOVILL, BOB SHENNAN, BILL SIMMONS, JENNIE SMYTHE, CLARENCE SPALDING, JEFF STEVENS, TROY TOMLINSON, BEN VAUGHN, TROY VOLLHOFFER, TIM WESTERGREN, and CHRIS YOUNG.