Mike Phillips Memorial Fund Established
October 30, 2006 at 1:55 PM (PT)
KBPS-A/PORTLAND GM BILL COOPER checks in with ALL ACCESS to announce the PORTLAND School District station's formation of the MIKE PHILLIPS MEMORIAL FUND, 60% of which will provide an annual scholarship to one of the students graduating from the broadcast program at BENSON High School; the other 40% will fund various capitol needs of the station, which, due to severe budget cuts, has little money for improvements. PHILLIPS, the longtime KRTH/LOS ANGELES PD who died on OCTOBER 16 (NET NEWS 10/17), got his start at KBPS-A.
Mail your tax-deductible contribution to The MIKE PHILLIPS Memorial Fund, AM 1450 KBPS, 515 NE 15th Ave., PORTLAND, OR 97232. Please note on the check memo that its for account S-0205.