RADAR 92 Network Affiliated Stations Deliver 89% Of All Radio Listening
March 20, 2007 at 11:15 AM (PT)
ARBITRON today released preliminary findings from RADAR 92, the quarterly network ratings. Next MONDAY, MARCH 26, ARBITRON will release the complete RADAR 92 Radio Network Audience Report results for the 55 individual radio networks. The sample size for RADAR 92 was increased to more than 140,000 diarykeepers.
Here are some of the key demographic findings from the new RADAR 92 MARCH 2007 Radio Listening Estimates that advertisers look for when placing their ad buys:
* Radio is reaching 232 million listeners over the course of the week (remaining consistent from one year ago).
* The 7,100+ RADAR Network Affiliated stations (which account for 55% of all radio stations) reach 89% of all radio listeners.
* RADAR Network affiliates have consistent delivery reaching the key young and adult demographics advertisers target; they reach 84% of teens 12-17 and 85% of adults 18-34 and 25-54.
* Some 95% of black non-Hispanic persons and 95% percent of Hispanic persons 12+ tune into radio over the course of a week.
* Radio reaches 97% of black non-Hispanics and Hispanics 25-54 over the course of a week.
* Radio reaches 95% of college grads 18+.
* Some 96% of adults 25-54 with a college degree and an annual household income of $50,000 or more tune into radio over the course of a week.