UMPG Makes Senior Appointments In Latin America
July 16, 2007 at 1:33 PM (PT)
UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBLISHING GROUP (UMPG) Chairman/CEO DAVID RENZER and Sr. VP/Latin America EDDIE FERNANDEZ today announced senior appointments for UMPG's integrated Latin music operation. The appointments follow the recent close by UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP of its acquisition of BMG MUSIC PUBLISHING.
The new appointments, who will report directly to FERNANDEZ, include:
* MARCELO C. FALCAO, Managing Director of BRAZIL
* YADIRA MORENO, Managing Director of MEXICO
* ANA MARIA DE VISAGGIO, GM of ARGENTINA
* CARMEN VALENCIA, GM of CHILE
* SONIA AMAYA, Managing Director of COLOMBIA
* RAFAEL ARTERO, VP/Creative, U.S. Latin
"MARCELO, YADIRA, ANA, CARMEN, SONIA and RAFAEL are incredibly talented creative executives with broad experience that, in addition to publishing, encompasses recording, digital, management and marketing," stated FERNANDEZ. "They represent the very best from both UMPG and BMG, and we could not ask for a better team on our frontlines, especially in a region that continues to possess huge potential for our songwriters and business partners."