Stickam Offers Live Video Streaming For Radio
September 24, 2007 at 11:32 AM (PT)
Social networking website STICKAM.COM, which offers live video chat features, has sewn up cross-promotional deals with a variety of major radio stations, including CBS RADIO KLSX (97.1 Free FM) and CITADEL Classic Rock KLOS/LOS ANGELES; CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40/Rhythmic KMEL 106 FM, and AC KIOI (STAR 101.3)/SAN FRANCISCO; CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40/Rhythmic KUBE 93 and Rock KFNK (THE MONKEY 104)/SEATTLE; and CLEAR CHANNEL Urban WWPR (Power 105.1)/NEW YORK.
Among the special live events STICKAM.COM provided those stations:
* KMEL streamed live interviews with 50 CENT and J. HOLIDAY;
* KIOI streamed performances and interviews with JAMES BLUNT, PLAIN WHITE T'S and MANDY MOORE.
* WWPR DJ ED LOVER streamed an interview with Kanye West;
* KLSX talk show hosts FROSTY, HEIDI, & FRANK streamed their
* KUBE 93 and KMEL 106 both streamed their concerts backstage, featuring artists such as NAS, LUDACRIS, CIARA, T-PAIN and LLOYD BANKS.
* KLOS FM talk show duo MARK AND BRIAN streamed their "3 Strangers and a Wedding" event live from the Queen Mary, which generated over 350,000 viewers.
"We are excited that so many great radio stations are utilizing STICKAM's unique features to the fullest," says STICKAM's AARON NOVAK. "With both live video and chat rooms, we hope to give radio fans the ability to see and interact with DJs and guests like never before,"