Clear Channel Sales To GAP, Bicoastal Close
October 2, 2007 at 11:23 AM (PT)
GEORGE LAUGHLIN's GAP BROADCASTING has closed on the purchase of several TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, and LOUISIANA stations from CLEAR CHANNEL. The $139-million deal included stations in 11 markets:
* Talk KSLI-A, Classic Country KYYW-A, AC KULL (MIX 92.5), Classic Rock KFGL (THE EAGLE 100.7), Country KEAN-F, and Alternative KEYJ (ROCK 108)/ABILENE
* Talk KFYO-A, Sports KKAM-A (SPORTS RADIO 1340), Rock KFMX, Oldies KKCL (KOOL 98), Country KQBR (99.5 THE BEAR), and Top 40 KZII (Z102)/LUBBOCK
* Talk KIXZ-A, Hot AC KMXJ (MIX 94.1), Country KMML, Adult Hits KPRF (98.7 JACK FM), and Country KATP (KAT COUNTRY 101.9)/AMARILLO
* Talk KSFA-A, Top 40 KAFX (K-FOX 95.5), Country KYKS (KICKS 105.1), and Classic Rock KTBQ (Q107)/LUFKIN-NACOGDOCHES
* Talk KCRS-A, Top 40/Rhythmic KMRK (WILD 96.1), Rock KFZX, Top 40 KCRS-F (103.3 KISS FM), and AC KCHX (MIX 106.7)/ODESSA-MIDLAND
* Adult Standards KOSY-A, AC KMJI (MAGIC 93.3), Top 40 KPWW (POWER 95.9), Country KKYR (KICKER 102.5), and Classic Rock KYGL (EAGLE 106.3)/TEXARKANA
* Classic Rock KBGE-A & KKTX (99 X), Hot AC KTYL (MIX 93.1), Country KNUE, and Urban AC KISX (HOT 107.3 JAMZ)/TYLER
* AC KQVT (Q 92), Classic Rock KLUB (106.9 THE ROCK), and Country KIXS/VICTORIA
* Talk KWFS-A, Top 40 KNIN, Country KWFS-F (LONE STAR 102.3), and Rock KBZS (106.3 THE BUZZ)/WICHITA FALLS
* Rock KZCD (Z-94), Country KLAW, and Oldies KVRW (OLDIES 107)/LAWTON
* Talk KEEL-A, Classic Country KWKH-A, Country KXKS (KISS COUNTRY 93.7), Top 40 KRUF (K-945), AC KVKI, and Rock KTUX (99 X)/SHREVEPORT
BICOASTAL MEDIA has closed on its purchase of 14 OREGON stations from CLEAR CHANNEL. BICOASTAL paid $37.179 million for Talk KMED-A, Country KRWQ, Oldies KLDZ (KOOL OLDIES 103 FM), Top 40 KIFS (KISS 107), and Rock KZZE/MEDFORD; Classic Country KTHH-A (990 THE LEGEND), Talk KEJO-A (JOE RADIO AM 1240), Rock KFLY, Talk KLOO-A, Classic Rock KLOO-F and Country KRKT (CRICKET COUNTRY)/ALBANY-CORVALLIS; and Top 40 KDUK, Oldies KODZ (KOOL 99.1), and Talk KPNW-A/EUGENE, plus associated FM translators.
KALIL AND CO., INC. served as exclusive broker for both deals.