Arbitron Offers Personal Home Page for PPM Respondents
March 5, 2008 at 11:14 AM (PT)
As first reported in ALL ACCESS' coverage of last week's monthly PPM conference call (NET NEWS 2/29), ARBITRON has introduced the "My Meter And Me" personal home page system. The new website lets PPM survey track reward points and encourages them to carry their meters continuously.
Available in English and Spanish, the website offers panelists a secure and personalized way to check their earned reward points and see how they're doing toward earning bonuses and sweepstakes entries. PPM respondents can also use "My Meter and Me" to:
* Graphically review their hour-by-hour carry time over the last seven days.
* Compare personal performance to others in the same household.
* Share compliance tips with any PPM respondent in any city through an anonymous, moderated Web forum.
* Inform Arbitron when they are traveling away from home or change their contact information.
* Contact Panel Relations via e-mail, text messaging or phone.
* Ask questions or submit comments.
* Participate in instant polls.
* Read or listen to Commonly Asked Questions for additional information.
"Giving PPM panelists reward points based on the amount of time they carry their meters is a patented means of motivating good survey compliance,” ARBITRON Chief Research Officer BOB PATCHEN said. "You can't reward respondents based on the number of entries they fill out, or on the number of buttons they push. Because the PPM is passive and portable, you can use motion as a measure of survey compliance. That’s what makes ‘My Meter and Me’ such a compelling idea."