Charges Dropped Against Rap-A Lot's James Prince
July 10, 2008 at 6:06 AM (PT)
JAMES PRINCE, who faced charges that he beat a rival producer, is in the clear after assault charges were dropped WEDNESDAY, reports KHOU-TV. PRINCE said the charges were nothing more than a scheme to get him to pay millions of dollars.
PRINCE's problems stem from accusations from RONNIE BOOKMAN, a competing HOUSTON record producer, who accused the RAP-A-LOT executive of trying to eliminate competition. He alleged that PRINCE organized an attack on him in JANUARY of 2007. In APRIL of last year, BOOKMAN filed a $10 million lawsuit against PRINCE.
PRINCE said he is grateful the case is over, and that he can now focus on which parts of his new music video will make it past the cutting room floor.