New Orleans, Oregon Stations Change Hands
October 6, 2008 at 5:10 AM (PT)
POWER BROADCASTING, LLC is buying Silent KNOU (formerly Urban HOT 104.5)/EMPIRE, LA-NEW ORLEANS from ON TOP COMMUNICATIONS for $6 million. ON TOP filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2005; POWER is owned by ON TOP creditor POWER EQUITIES and is headed by trustee RICK MORENO.
In other deals filed with the FCC, KLAMATH BASIN BROADCASTING is selling Urban KKKJ (JAMMIN 105.5)/MERRILL, OR to COVE ROAD PUBLISHING, LLC for $60,640. The seller's WILLIAM N. IFFT is 51% owner of the buyer, with ROBERT J. WYNNE holding the other 49%; in a separate filing based on the buyer's Classic Rock KFEG (THE EAGLE 104.7)/KLAMATH FALLS, OR, IFFT is selling his 51% interest in COVE ROAD to WYNNE for $60,000 in cancellation of debts.
And DAVIDSON MEDIA GROUP's PETER DAVIDSON has formed a new company, GOLDEN DOOR BROADCASTING, LLC, and has transferred twelve stations owned by DMG subsidiaries to GOLDEN DOOR.