Clear Channel Locks In Exec. Programming Team
October 21, 2008 at 3:01 PM (PT)
CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO has just signed long-term contracts with its senior programming team: ALFREDO ALONSO, DARREN DAVIS, BRAD HARDIN, CLAY HUNNICUTT, PHIL HUNT, TOM OWENS, TOM POLEMAN, GENE ROMANO and ALAN SLEDGE. In addition, DAVIS, HUNNICUTT, HUNT and POLEMAN have also been promoted to expand their responsibilities.
"Unique, innovative programming engages our audience and creates long-term loyalty to our station brands and this team is the best in the business," CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO Pres./CEO JOHN HOGAN said. "We continue to push the envelope in AM/FM, on-demand, mobile and online content and take an expanded view of radio’s audience. This is the team that will lead us into radio’s programming future."
The Cross-Platform EVPs Are
* EVP/Content Development TOM OWENS will oversee the acquisition and deployment of talent and other content services, such as the launches of STEVE HARVEY, RYAN SEACREST and SEAN HANNITY. Additionally, he has supervised the rollout of HD Radio programming, including the co-development of the CLEAR CHANNEL FORMAT LAB. OWENS also oversees research units CRITICAL MASS MEDIA and BROADCAST ARCHITECTURE, along with the Hispanic programming division.
* Recently promoted from SVP to EVP/Programming, GENE ROMANO oversees the West major markets and helps coordinate companywide programming initiatives such as recruiting and developing top talent in programming. ROMANO will work directly with programming teams in LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, DALLAS, HOUSTON, PHOENIX, SAN DIEGO, DENVER and MINNEAPOLIS, among others.
Getting Contract Extensions And/Or Promotions Are
* SVP/Hispanic Radio ALFREDO ALONSO, who is responsible for leading the Spanish-language programming initiatives, including expanding the availability of Spanish-language programming into markets of all sizes.
* DARREN DAVIS has been promoted to SVP/Programming for mid-major markets in the North, South and West, guiding programmers at 148 stations across 25 markets.
*BRAD HARDIN is now SVP/Programming for the EAST, guiding programmers at 52 stations across 8 markets. HARDIN previously served as RVPP for CLEAR CHANNEL's radio stations in FLORIDA and formerly held cluster programming roles in TAMPA and CINCINNATI.
* CLAY HUNNICUTT has been promoted to SVP/Programming for the eastern region, and VP/Country Programming.
* PHIL HUNT has been promoted to SVP/Programming for the Northeast and Central regions, guiding 40 markets.
* Expanding his role from for six major stations in New York, including Z100 (the most listened to station in the U.S.) and WKTU, SVP/Programming and Marketing TOM POLEMAN has been upped to SVP/Programming for BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, MIAMI and NEW YORK. on top of being OM for the CLEAR CHANNEL/NEW YORK cluster.
* SVP ALAN SLEDGE takes responsibility for markets in the South and West Regions.