Colmes To Exit 'Hannity & Colmes'; Radio Show Will Continue
November 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM (PT)
ALAN COLMES' departure from FOX NEWS CHANNEL's "HANNITY AND COLMES" TV show after 12 years will not end his FOX NEWS RADIO syndicated radio show. COLMES will also continue to offer commentary on various FOX NEWS CHANNEL shows and will develop a weekend program for the cable network.
COLMES said, "I approached (FNC SVP of Programming) BILL SHINE earlier this year about wanting to move on after 12 years to develop new and challenging ways to contribute to the growth of the network. Although it’s bittersweet to leave one of the longest marriages on cable news, I’m proud that both SEAN (HANNITY) and I remained unharmed after sitting side by side, night after night for so many years."
SHINE said, "We’re very sorry to see ALAN reach this decision but we understand his desire to seek other creative challenges in his career. We value his incredible hard work in making HANNITY AND COLMES the most successful debate program on cable news and we’re going to miss him on the show. Thankfully, he will begin developing a weekend pilot for us."
FOX NEWS Chairman/CEO ROGER AILES added, "ALAN is one of the key reasons why FOX NEWS has been such a remarkable success. We’re sad to see him leave the program but we look forward to his ongoing contributions to the network."
HANNITY said, "Not only has ALAN been a remarkable co-host, he’s been a great friend which is rare in this industry -- I’ll genuinely miss sparring with such a skillful debate partner."