Arbitron: December PPM Metrics Benchmark-Worthy For Hispanics, Blacks
January 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM (PT)
ARBITRON, in its summary of sample quality metrics for the DECEMBER 2008 PPM survey that ran NOVEMBER 13th-DECEMBER 10th, 2008, presented data showing that even with the addition of four new markets, PPM maintained its above-benchmark performance.
With the addition of DALLAS-FT. WORTH, ATLANTA, WASHINGTON DC and DETROIT, PPM audience estimates are now the buy/sell "currency" in 14 markets: NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO, DALLAS-FT. WORTH, HOUSTON, ATLANTA, PHILADELPHIA, WASHINGTON DC, DETROIT, NASSAU-SUFFOLK, MIDDLESEX-SOMERSET-UNION, RIVERSIDE-SAN BERNARDINO and SAN JOSE.
On average, across 14 PPM currency markets for the DECEMBER 2008 survey reports that PPM panels:
* exceeded the Persons age 6 and older sample target by 8%;
* exceeded the Persons age 18-54 sample target by 2%;
* exceeded the Black Persons age 6 and older sample target by 6%; and
* exceeded the Hispanic Persons age 6 and older sample target by 14%.
On average, in the eight PPM markets that qualify for Spanish-language weighting, the PPM panels:
* exceeded the Hispanic Spanish-Dominant sample targets by 38%; and
* exceeded the English-Dominant sample targets by 9%.
The demo breakouts were also strong. The average performance of 18-34s across the 14 markets was 93% of the sample target. Black Persons age 18-34 averaged 92% of target and Hispanic Persons age 18-34 averaged 101% of target.
In-tab rate for Persons 6+ across the 14 PPM-currency markets for the DECEMBER 2008 PPM survey reports averaged 79%, 4 percentage points higher than the benchmark of 75%.