SXSW Offers Platinum Track
February 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM (PT)
The SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST (SXSW) Conferences and Festivals has set up The Platinum Track, a special one-day program available to a limited number of Platinum registrants. Held from 11a-6p, on TUESDAY, MARCH 17th, 2009 in the HILTON AUSTIN DOWNTOWN, the program will feature some of the most provocative individuals and ideas in music, film and interactive technology.
The Platinum Track will offer innovative panels on:
* How consumer marketing thrives in a recession in "Punk Marketing in the Real World" with RICHARD LAERMER;
* Discuss freedom of speech issues that affect global online content in "The Gatekeepers" with GOOGLE Deputy Counsel NICOLE WONG;
* Analyze how a film composer works with a film director for the first time in "A Work in Progress" with OSCAR-winning songwriter JORGE DREXLER and award-winning film director JAMES IVORY;
* Discover how NPR uses digital platforms to promote music in "From Driveway Moments to Laptop Moments: How NPR became the place to discover new music"; and
* Provide a glimpse of the future role media in the OBAMA era in "The Future Role of Media in Citizen Democracy" with FACEBOOK co-founder CHRIS R. HUGHES and JESSE BENTON, Political Director for Congressman RON PAUL.
Full panel descriptions can be found at www.sxsw.com/platinumtrack.