No Steel Cage Can Hold Danny Bonaduce!
March 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM (PT)
It was yet another inspiring, heart-rendering day in the life of the MICKEY ROURKE of radio personalities, CBS RADIO Rock WYSP/PHILADELPHIA morning man DANNY BONADUCE. It seems ol' DANNY Boy has agreed to appear in a TNA pro wrestling match in town on APRIL 19th ... and he met his opponent, ERIC YOUNG, for the first time on his morning show earlier TODAY.
The two then engaged in the classic, yet de rigeur pas de deux (pardon our French ... literally) to build up the APRIL 19th encounter. To wit:
1) The "upstart" (BONADUCE) disses the stature of "established" wrestler (YOUNG);
2) suitably provoked, wrestler responds with some sort of physical intimidation;
3) upstart not impressed, disses further;
4) wrestler responds with a greater force of physicality (a lovely cross-court forehand);
5) upstart hesitates for a brief second ... he's quiet, almost too quiet ... before countering by jumping on the wrestler for a free-for-all;
6) the two go at it on the floor like "Black Friday midnight sale" customers at the half-off rack -- CHAOS ENSUES! -- before
7) concerned spectators pull them apart before world tilts off axis; and
8) wrestler is kicked out of the studio; he walks away muttering about being disrespected and promising a comeuppance in the ring.
(Which proves, once and for all, the VINCE McMAHON Theory of Pro Wrestling Physics: The greater the free-for-all, the bigger the pay-per-view.)
Witness this historic moment by clicking here. It's a cinch to be nominated in next year's Golden Globes!