Listeners Express Positives About Radio
June 1, 2009 at 5:50 AM (PT)
In a survey commissioned by the RADIO HEARD HERE partnership, RASMUSSEN PULSE discovered that radio listeners are, in fact, hearing the 30-second commercials being run by the campaign. Radio listeners told RASMUSSEN their opinions about radio, including:
* 97% like the fact that radio is free.
* 98% like the fact that they can hear radio wherever they go.
* 76% say they enjoy discovering new songs on radio.
* 74% say they enjoy discovering new artists on radio.
* 94% say they find interesting news, traffic, weather and other information on radio.
* 84% say they hear unique local personalities on the radio.
* 83% say that they hear things on radio that surprise them.
* 92% say that sometimes what they hear on the radio makes them laugh.
* 90% say radio makes the time pass when they're performing routine tasks
* 88% are aware that radio is available on new technology devices such as iPods, iPhones, mobile phones, computers and MP3 players.
* 86% say that radio is doing a good job embracing technology.
* 97% say they are glad to have radio as an option for their entertainment, news, weather, traffic and information needs.
See the full results of the survey here.