Sliwa Disappointed Gotti Won't Face Death Penalty
August 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM (PT)
With JOHN A. "JUNIOR" GOTTI pleading not guilty TUESDAY (8/4) to newly-rewritten racketeering charges that removed the possibility of the death penalty, CITADEL MEDIA syndicated talker CURTIS SLIWA, who has fingered GOTTI for his 1992 shooting, told the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS that he was disappointed about the changed indictment.
"Unfortunately, (Attorney General) ERIC HOLDER didn't go for the death penalty," SLIWA said. "I would have preferred that we put the juice in this guy's caboose."
GOTTI has been held without bail since being charged last year; the charges include two drug-related murders dating back to 1989 and 1991.