Arbitron July '09 Quality Metrics Reported
August 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM (PT)
ARBITRON has released a summary of sample quality metrics for the JULY 2009 local market PORTABLE PEOPLE METER survey report (JUNE 25 - JULY 22). On average, across 20 PPM currency markets for the JULY 2009 survey reports, ARBITRON says PPM panels delivered:
* Persons aged 6 and older sample targets at 102% of sample targets
* Persons aged 18-54 sample targets at 98% of sample targets
* Black Persons aged 6 and older sample targets at 104% of sample targets
* Hispanic Persons aged 6 and older sample targets at 118% of sample targets
ARBITRON also reports on average, in the eight PPM markets that qualify for Spanish-language weighting, the PPM panels delivered:
* Hispanic Spanish-Dominant sample targets at 126%
* Hispanic English-Dominant sample targets at 118%
Among Persons aged 18-34, the average performance across the 20 markets is 91% of the sample target. By race/ethnicity, Black Persons 18-34 averaged 85% of the sample target; Hispanic Persons 18-34 averaged 103% of the sample target and Other Persons 18-34 averaged 89% of the sample target.
In-tab rate for Persons 6+ across the 20 PPM-currency markets for the JULY 2009 PPM survey averaged 74%.
Compared to the JUNE 2009 PPM survey period (MAY 28, 2009-JUNE 24, 2009), the average in-tab rates for the JULY 2009 PPM survey for Persons 6+ remained unchanged at 74%. Average Persons 18-34 in-tab rates changed from 71 to 70%. Black Persons 18-34 in-tab rates changed from 66 to 60% and Hispanic remained at 72%
For complete details on the JULY PPM sample status click here.