Turkeys Can't Fly, But They Sure Do Burn
December 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM (PT)
A stunt by CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40 WFLZ/TAMPA's MJ Morning Show turned into a recipe for disaster this morning when an attempt to cook a frozen turkey in a van resulted in the vehicle catching fire. A grease fryer was placed inside a van, which had furniture in it that caught fire, TAMPA Fire Rescue spokesman Capt. BILL WADE told TBO.COM.
PD TOMMY CHUCK tells ALL ACCESS despite reports otherwise, none of the radio station's employees was injured. A firefighter also injured his back during the incident. KEN LICATA, a firefighter for 26 years, was taken to a hospital, but aid CHUCK, "is home and doing fine. He slipped and hurt his back. We heard from the TAMPA Fire Dept., and he's OK."