Happy Birthday YouTube
May 17, 2010 at 5:52 AM (PT)
It was five years ago TODAY (5/17) that YOUTUBE was launched. CNN reports the site is now a fundamental part of the Internet, thanks in part to music videos and quirky postings that have gone viral.
YouTube At 5
* Now gets two billion pageviews/day, nearly double the prime-time audience of all three major U.S. television networks combined.
* Now monetizes a billion videos/week,; partner ad revenue tripled in 2009; 94% of ADAGE's top-100 advertisers advertised on YOUTUBE.
* Sees more than 24 hours of video uploaded every minute.
* Supports HD and 3D, broadcasts entire sports seasons live to 200+ countries.
* Is the third-most-visited website overall
* Top videos, including "Evolution of Dance," "Charlie Bit My Finger" and Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" are approaching 200 million views, each. That's equivalent to a view from 2/3rds of the U.S. population.
Want to check out the most popular YOUTUBE videos of all time? Click here.
[Do you use YOUTUBE to promote your show or your station? Share some examples with the ALL ACCESS community below.]