Music City Zone Returns To CMA Fest; Street Closures Announced
June 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM (PT)
The CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL and the NASHVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU have teamed up once again to offer the MUSIC CITY ZONE, located at the PUBLIC SQUARE PARK at the top of 2nd Ave. in downtown NASHVILLE during CMA FEST next week (6/10-6/13).
The MUSIC CITY ZONE will feature free daytime performances from artists like TY HERNDON, DAVID BALL, MATT KENNON, POINT OF GRACE, FRANKIE BALLARD, SUNNY SWEENEY and more on the GAC STAGE.
The ZONE will be open FRIDAY (6/11) from noon-5:30p (CT), SATURDAY (6/12) from 10a-6p (CT) and SUNDAY (6/13) from noon-5:30p (CT). In addition to live music, there will also be food and drinks, a NASHVILLE SHORES slip-n-slide for kids, an autograph booth, an interactive photo booth, a NASHVILLE merchandise tent and more.
A full list of performers and vendors is available at www.cmafest.com.
Concurrently, the CMA has announced several street closures that will take effect next week due to preparation for the festival, beginning WEDNESDAY (6/9):
• 8a (CT) - Fifth Avenue from Demonbreun to Broadway
• 9a (CT) - Broadway from First to Second Avenues
• 9a (CT) - First Avenue from Demonbreun to Church Streets
• 12p (CT) - Broadway from Second to Fourth Avenues
Second and Third Avenues will remain open throughout the event, but drivers will be prohibited from turning onto Broadway. All of the road closures listed above are scheduled to be cleared in the early morning hours of MONDAY, JUNE 14th.
There will also be additional temporary closures on WEDNESDAY (6/9) to accommodate the 6th Annual CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL KICK-OFF PARADE and the 5th Annual CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL BLOCK PARTY. From 11a-2p (CT), the following roads will be closed for parade traffic:
• First Avenue from Church to Union Streets
• Church Street from First to Third Avenues
• Second Avenue from Demonbreun to Union Streets
• Broadway from Third to Seventh Avenues
• Sixth Avenue from Broadway to Demonbreun
For more information, visit www.cmafest.com.