Free Webinar: Surfing the Music Cycles
June 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM (PT)
Music is the cornerstone of our lives as well as our careers. While predicting the hits is hardly a snap, knowledge of the cycles of music makes any music programmer better. You're invited tp join ZAPOLEON MEDIA STRATEGIES' GUY ZAPOLEON, MARK ST. JOHN and STEVE DAVIS for the next CONCLAVE Webinar -- "Surfing the Music Cycles: Music Trends And How They Affect Radio" -- a one-hour webinar on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30th at 3p (ET), 12noon (PT), hosted by CONCLAVE Board member and WARH/ST. LOUIS air talent JAY PHILPOTT.
CONCLAVE Webinars are free, but pre-registration is necessary by clicking here.
You have no doubt heard of the "doldrums," "extremes" and "re-birth" cycles in the life of popular music. In this webinar you will hear from the architect of the theory of Music Cycles, GUY ZAPOLEON along with ZAPOLEON MEDIA STRATEGIES partners MARK ST. JOHN and STEVE DAVIS as they take you through the "cycles" and discuss:
* How the cycles began in 1956 and continue to this day
* How it is not just about the music but a reflection of social attitudes and pop culture:
* How understanding the basics of the cycles helps programmers
* How to maximize your opportunity when the cycle is strong
* How not to get off track when the cycle is low