Apple Invites Suggest A New iPad On March 2
February 24, 2011 at 5:51 AM (PT)
APPLE's iPAD, launched in APRIL 2010, will reportedly be getting an update with a new iPAD 2 being unveiled at an event in SAN FRANCISCO on MARCH 2nd.
MASHABLE posted a copy of an invitation from APPLE (picture left), with accompanying text that reads:
Please join us for an invitation-only event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in SAN FRANCISCO on MARCH 2 at 10:00 a.m. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive early. RSVP to email@example.com.
MASHABLE forecasts some of the expected updates:
* The iPAD 2 might come in three different versions with different connectivity -- including a VERIZON version that won’t require a Wi-Fi card.
* The iPAD 2 might have front- and rear-facing cameras.
* The iPAD 2 will be slimmer, lighter and support Retina Display.
* The iPAD 2 might have a dual-core CPU and/or GPU.
* The iPAD 2 will have a non-smudge screen and a gyroscope.